As used in this Policy, the term "personally identifiable information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, user name or e-mail address), or information about that individual that is directly linked to information that specifically identifies an individual. Personally identifiable information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Service or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personally identifiable information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
Active Collection: We collect information from you in various ways when you use the Service. For example, we collect information: (i) that you voluntarily provide to us (such as when you send us an email); and (ii) to which you provide us access. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, email address, social network data and performance related data.
Passive Collection: When you use the Service, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on the Service. We may also automatically collect certain logistical information in server logs, including information about how you use various features of the Service and information about the number, frequency and length of each session. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" when you use the Service. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve the Service and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifiable information, we will treat this information as personally identifiable information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services made available via the Service.
We may use Web beacons or similar technology on the Service. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Service or in emails relating to the Service to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Service, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. Such technologies are used to collect aggregate statistics related to usage of the Service and do not collect personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information will be stored on secured servers.
We use personally identifiable information collected through the Service for the purposes described
in this Policy or elsewhere on the Service. For example, we may use personally identifiable
information we collect:
• to process and complete any transactions in connection with the Service;
• to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Service;
• to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and to provide customer service;
• to monitor and analyze Service usage and trends;
• to personalize and improve the Service, and our users' experiences with the Service (such as providing content or features that match interests), and to increase the Service's functionality and user friendliness;
• to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, additional information about our products and services and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Service. When sending marketing information about our services or products, we will only use your email address used during registration; we will not use other email addresses you may have provided to us, for instance in a feedback form, to send marketing emails;
• to notify you about important changes to the Service.
We will not knowingly share the personally identifiable information we collect from you through the
Service with third-parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Service. For example, we
may share personally identifiable information as follows:
• with vendors, consultants, and other service providers such as a credit card processing company to bill you for services, a forum provider for hosting our public forums, and an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf (“Service Providers”). When you sign up for our services we will share your personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service;
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
• when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities including, but not limited to, responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
• when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FilesMonster.com, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third-parties or the public including, but not limited to, protecting FilesMonster.com. or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Service;
• to enforce or apply this Policy, the Terms, or our other policies or agreements;
• and in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of FilesMonster.com.
You understand that when you use the Service, information you provide via the Service, information you grant access to by using the Service, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Service, will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third-parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any other users or third- parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with third-party privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third-parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third-parties without your consent.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete it by making the change in your FilesMonster.com account profile or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to access within 3 days.
If you wish to request the deletion of an unauthorized profile you may contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personally identifiable information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. To assist with the protection of personally identifiable information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Service by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of such marketing emails by following the instructions within such emails or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org